Back pain is the most common cause for consultation and the osteopath is often seen as a back specialist, but osteopathy can also help with a wide range of conditions like:
- Musculoskeletal : Sciatica, Repetitive strains (from sport or work), back pain during and after pregnancy, pain following a whiplash injury, sprains like tennis/golfer’s elbow, ankle sprains.
- Babies or infants with colic/reflux/sleeping difficulties.
- Chronic conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, osteoarthritis, helping with the symptoms resulting from the condition but treatment will not cure the condition.
- Decreased immune system (following an illness or trauma for example).
- Stress and tension headaches.
- Functional digestive problems such as Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS), constipation, bloatedness, reflux.